Sustainability and environmental awareness are highly important aspects of our individual and professional
We understand that it is difficult to achieve sustainability at MICE events. Events can cause considerable waste and consume quite a bit of resources, like electricity and water. With the impact events can have on communities that host them as well as on the environment, event planners try to keep impact in mind and increase sustainability efforts at their events. On their way to an event people leave their ecological footprints by using cars and airplanes, by travelling around the country to develop an interesting agenda or they invent huge construction setups for their events. But there are some small things that can done:
- We always use reusable water bottles in order to avoid plastic garbage.
- We reuse whatever materials possible and encourage our clients to do the same.
- We ask our suppliers to use recyclable materials, or we use branded materials that are not event specific – and turn them with little clues into a branded piece.
- We choose venues that are committed to clean energy.
- We try going “zero waste”
- Wherever we work in Germany we try to engage local suppliers when it comes to caterers, artists, hostesses, set design, technical staff etc. in order to avoid unnecessary travelling.
But to be honest, implementing changes to increase sustainability and how “green” your event will be can seem an overwhelming task and will take some time.
There are many ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle at events but it is important to not get ahead of yourself. It might take years to properly implement new standards and practices but it doesn’t hurt taking it one step at a time.