Due to the prevailing Corona pandemic of …
… the MICE industry is facing on of the biggest challenges ever. Therefore, we would like to list the most important points regarding the situation in Germany and the precautions the MICE business is
- As per July 2020 Germany has extremely successful in the first months of having to live with Covid-19.
- The world-famous German health system really managed the pandemic well and is offering the highest capacities of intensive care beds in Europe.
- At add on dmc, we have appointed a hygienic supervisor making sure that all measures are taken to make your event a successful and safe one.
- Careful decision-making is required; therefore, we plan ahead for any eventuality. In addition to planning a high-class program, event or conference, we already think of a Plan B during the conception process, i. e. alternative locations, scenarios, virtual solutions etc.
Some of the measures taken are:
- Prior to the event – collecting all necessary data (in accordance with the GDPR) to be able to locate all participants before, during and after an event to make sure that information is passed on smoothly.
- Arrival at the event – all participating guests should be registered and wearing badges in order to make sure that we only have accredited people at the event. Depending on the size of your event we provide arrival slots and do a virtual check-in.
- At the event: providing enough displays to communicate new rules and expectations. Signage will lead to and during the event.
- Set Design is adapted – all locations have figured out new seating plans due to reduced capacities to allow 1.5 meters distance between each unrelated party.
- In case of doubt – we make sure that people not feeling well have an isolated place to wait until the medical service can take care of them.
- Sanitizing the venue – High-Touch Areas such as Public Areas, Restrooms, Back Offices, Kitchen and Food Areas will be disinfected regularly supervised by our hygienic advisor. Sanitizing stations are found all over the locations.
- We strongly recommend – to use social media, smartphone apps, Email, push-notifications and websites to remind your guests of health rules.
Interested in learning more? You can find a “Reopening Guide” of our business on the website of the Event Safety Alliance.
Rest assured that all players in our industry are working hard to make sure that your events are held with maximum safety and measures. We are convinced that nothing replaces a real live event. We are all in this together. So, let us make sure we do the best we can.